Summer Grilling with Giant Eagle
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GrillNGear #CollectiveBias
Summertime is my favorite time of the year! It’s warm, it’s bright, & best of all….it’s time for some grilling! I look forward to anytime we can grill outside, but the first big grilling day for us (and a lot of people) is Memorial Day.
For my family Memorial Day is something we look forward to. . I have many family members in different branches of the military. So celebrating those who have fought for us & gave their life is a very big deal in my family. It’s very important we teach our children about their sacrifice. It’s also important to us to celebrate & enjoy having our family around us. My husband’s birthday also falls right within a few days (if not on) Memorial Day. And lastly Memorial Day just feels like the official start of summer!
I love coming up with new ways to use my favorite foods. Making new recipes is just what I do. Below are some wonderful recipes for your summer grilling! Giant Eagle
is always where I go when I’m grilling out because of their Gourmet Burgers. The Bacon Cheddar Patty is my favorite!
Bacon, Cheddar, & Spinach Burger:
- Bacon Cheddar – Gourmet Burger
- Hellmann’s Mayonnaise
- Hamburger Buns
- Grill up the burgers however you like. (I prefer mine medium rare!)
- Put the burger on a bun. Top with some Hellmann’s & spinach.
Find some other grilled burgers on Giant Eagle’s Pinterest & Twitter!
Summer is also when I break out my blender! Turning my favorite drinks into a slush is great for those hot summer days! Plus slushies go so great with any barbeque!
- 1 can of Lemon Lemon Sparkling Lemonade
- 1 can of lemonade concentrate
- Add the concentrate & Lemon Lemon Sparkling Lemonade to a blender.
- Fill with ice & blend. Add more ice if needed.
- Cut up lemon into slices & garnish your slushie.
Check out Giant Eagles Facebook & Instagram for deals & more!!!
What would any outdoor grilling be without some dessert!!! I can never decide between cookies & brownies so I just started making both…together!!!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownies:
- Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse Dark Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Brownie mix
- Preheat oven according to brownie directions.
- Mix brownies as directed.
- Add 1/2 cup crushed brownies to the mix & stir.
- Pour into a greased 13 x 8 pan.
- Bake for 5 minutes longer than the box recommends.