I can honestly say this is the first time I have EVER baked a cake from scratch. I was lazy & always just used box mix. So this was definitely a gamble for me. Especially since I made the recipe myself. That gamble paid off because this cake turned out better than I could of hoped!
What you need:
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 C butter melted
- 6 bananas
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 C milk
- 2 C flour
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 container of cool-whip
- banana instant pudding mix
- 2 C milk (for the pudding)
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Smash 3 of the bananas in a medium bowl.
- Mix in the eggs, milk, & butter.
- In a large bowl combine the sugar, baking soda, flour, cinnamon, & nutmeg.
- Pour the banana mixture into the dry ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Pour into a 8 X 13 cake pan. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool. Once cool poke holes about half way through the cake.
- In a medium bowl mix the pudding mix with the 2 cups of milk.
- Pour over the cake.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until set.
- Cover with cool-whip & sliced bananas.
- Keep refrigerated.