I had a Butternut Squash Lasagna at a restaurant that was absolutely wonderful, so I wanted to try to recreate it. My husband prefers zucchini so we swapped that for the butternut squash. It turned out delicious. Maybe not as good as the paid chefs (lol) but pretty good.
What you need:
- 1 lb sausage
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 24 oz sauce (whatever you prefer)
- 2 C spinach
- 2 C Italian style cheese
- 3 zucchini
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Cook the sausage over medium heat until cooked through.
- While the sausage is cooking slice the zucchini.
- In a lightly greased casserole dish, lay down a layer of zucchini.
- Follow that with half of the sausage & half of the ricotta.
- Next evenly cover with 3/4 C of sauce & 1 C spinach.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 C cheese.
- Add one last layer of zucchini & 3/4 C sauce.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Add the last cup of cheese & cook an additional 15 minutes.
I paired this with 5 Cheese Italian Pull-a-part Bread!!!