I was so hungry for a Philly Steak & Cheese Hoagie (Sub if you aren’t from western PA) yesterday. I figured if I’m gonna cook all of that I might as well make a post about it. So here is what I came up with. The only word I can use to describe them is: YUM!!!
What you need:
- 1 lb thin cut beef
- 2- 8 packs jumbo biscuits
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 onion
- 8 slices white american cheese
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 TBS Italian seasoning
- 1 TBS oil
What to d0:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut up the peppers & onion, place in a frying pan with the oil. Cook over medium heat until they begin to soften.
- Cut the meat into bite size pieces. Cook in a frying pan over medium heat until cooked through.
- Flatten the biscuits & place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Place a slice of cheese on 8 of the biscuits. Break & overlap if needed.
- Scoop some meat, followed by pepper & onions on each biscuit.
- Place another flatten biscuit on top of each filled biscuit.
- Pinch the edges together.
- Mix the butter & Italian seasoning. Spread over each biscuit.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.