I honestly only made this to use up a little cream cheese & a few blueberries I had. It was definitely worth the effort. It was a very tasty treat. We ate it as a dessert but it could be a breakfast snack too.
What you need:
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1- 8 pack jumbo biscuits
- 3 C oil
- 1/4 C powdered sugar
- 40-50 frozen/fresh blueberries
What to do:
- Using an electric mixer combine the 1/2 C sugar, cream cheese, & vanilla until smooth.
- Pour oil into a deep pan & heat over medium heat.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Flatten each biscuit, scoop an even amount of the cream cheese mixture onto each biscuit. Place 5-6 blueberries on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Place the biscuit in your hand. Pull up each side and pinch together until tightly closed.
- Drop 4 of the biscuits into the now hot oil. Cook on each side until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.