I love a pretzel crust so much better than a graham cracker one. It’s just so much more fun. So I took the crust we all know & love from Strawberry Pretzel Salad, and made a taste blueberry dessert. With the wonderful hints of cinnamon you will think you are dreaming.
What you need:
- 3 C crushed pretzels
- 8 oz whipped topping
- 3 C frozen blueberries
- 3/4 C water
- 1/2 C melted butter
- 1 TBS ground cinnamon
- 3 TBS sugar
- 1/4 C honey
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 C sugar
- 5 tsp corn starch
- 5 TBS water
What to do:
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine the melted butter, crushed pretzels, 3 TBS sugar, & 1 TBS cinnamon.
- Press the pretzel mixture down into the bottom of a 13 x 9 casserole dish. Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool.
- Using an electric mixer combine the cream cheese & 1 C sugar. Fold in the whipped topping.
- Spread evenly over the pretzel crust. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- In a medium pot combine the frozen blueberries, 3/4 C water, honey, 1 tsp cinnamon & nutmeg.
- Bring to rolling boil over medium heat.
- In a small bowl combine the corn starch & water. Slowly stir into the boiling mixture. Continue stirring until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat & allow to cool.
- Once the mixture is cooled, spread it evenly over the dessert.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
I hope you enjoy this as much as we did!!!!