I always wondered why this wasn’t more of a thing. I mean you usually have either potato soup or broccoli soup. Rarely do you find them together. Plus no cauliflower? Well I fixed that. I hope you enjoy.
This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.
What you need:
- 5 TBS butter
- 6 TBS flower
- 3 C 2% milk
- 1 C half & half
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 3 C broccoli florets
- 2 C cauliflower florets
- 4 large potatoes (cubed)
- 2 tsp fresh parsley (finely chopped, my Ninja Express Chopper worked great for this)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 C shredded cheddar cheese
What to do:
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat. Whisk in the flower until it becomes clumpy.
- Whisk in milk and half & half. Cook over medium-low heat for 15-20 minutes, until thickened.
- Place the potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, and parsley in crock pot.
- Once the milk mixture thickens add it to the crock pot, along with the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cream cheese.
- Stir well.
- Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Stir in the cheese until it is all melted.
- Using a potato masher, lightly mash the potatoes.
This soup is great for a chilly day!!!