Again I had to try the truffles another way. I love making truffles so expect a lot & all kinds! I served these at the birthday party as well and they were also a hit.
This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.
What you need:
What to do:
- Make cake according to box and let cook.
- Cut cake in 4 pieces & place in large bowl.
- Using 2 forks crumble cake into fine pieces.
- Add half of the chocolate frosting & mix until well combined.
- Grab a bit of the cake mixture and flatten in your hand. It should be no more than 2 inches wide. Place 2 mini marshmallows in the middle & fold the sides up. Place a bit more cake mixture on top, gently form & roll into a ball. The ball should be between 1 1/2 & 2 inches wide.
- Freeze for an hour.
- Place 2-3 graham crackers in a large zip lock baggy. Crush using the bottom of a glass cup or a rolling pin.
- Melt the chocolate using your preferred method. I used the whole bar, melting half at a time in the microwave.
- Using a fork dip the frozen truffles into the chocolate & place on wax or parchment paper. Shake off the excess chocolate by tapping the fork on the edge of the bowl.
- Add crushed up graham crackers before the chocolate melts.
Tastes just like summer nights!