This is another wonderful recipe my mother-in-law taught me to make. It’s easy and different.
What you need:
- 2 lb pork roast
- 2 cans apple juice concentrate (thawed)
- 2 Macintosh apples (peeled & sliced)
- 1/3 cup corn starch
What to do:
- Place the roast, cut up apples, and apple juice concentrate into a crock pot.
- Cook for 8 hrs on low or 4 hrs on high.
- Remove the roast from the crock pot.
- Strain the left over juice into a small pot.
- Mix cold water little by little into the corn starch until it is paste like.
- Bring the juice mixture to a rolling boil.
- Add the corn starch mixture a little at a time while stirring. It will thicken quickly.
- Serve the gravy over mashed potatoes & the roast.