I love my stuffed peppers this way! I’ve never been a huge fan of the traditional way to make stuffed peppers. I like all of the ingredients in them…just not together. Last summer my mother-in-law made these and I absolutely loved them. Finally a way for me to enjoy stuffed peppers! I made my stuffed sausage sweet, but you could easily make it spicy by using a kind of hot pepper and hot Italian sausage.
What you need:
- 1lb Italian sausage (sweet or hot)
- 6 Cubanelle Peppers (or a type of hot pepper)
- 5 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 c shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp olive oil
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Cook sausage, onions, and garlic in a large frying pan.
- Cut your peppers in half, removing all the seeds. Place in a 13 x 8 casserole dish.
- Once the sausage mixture is finished cooking scoop some into each pepper.
- Cook for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
These are so easy to make!!!